ReadRunRamble

Read, Run, Ramble

Overcoming ADHD Without Medication: A Guidebook for Parents and Teachers

Overcoming ADHD Without Medication: A Guidebook for Parents and Teachers - Children and Natural Psychology Association for Youth

Thank you NorthEast Books & Publishing via Edelweiss for providing me with a copy of this book!

This particular title caught my eye because of the length. When parents, teachers, caregives, etc are initially faced with a diagnosis of ADHD or even the suspicion of it, life can get complicated fast. There are many decisions to make, stress to handle, and everyone you meet will have some form of advice. Weeding through all the information being thrown around and determining how it fits in your life.

The length is what makes it a useful and effective tool. I skimmed through and found the sections that I knew would be helpful for our family and the information was quick and easy to understand, something I would have greatly appreciated when my son was first diagnosed.

Statistics and opinions are given, but I never felt like the authors of the book were preachy or judgmental (seems odd to say that about a book, but most would be surprised about the preachy, judgmental informational sources out there).

Additionally, this title contains a TON of extra resources, whether books, webpages, or other suggestions, there are many, many tools and resources provided here.

Overall, this title is a quick, easy-to-understand, high-level explanation of ADHD along with details about treatments and stats to accompany them. I believe it is a helpful title for those who in any way may need to work with a child diagnosed with the disorder (in any capacity - these children are often massively misunderstood). It is a good, first-resource to use in getting started with understanding and treating the disorder. It isn't all inclusive and you're reading and researching will most definitely continue, but I would have loved to have started with this resource (it would have alleviated a LOT of confusion, fear, frustration, etc).

The publisher provided me a copy of this title in exchange for an honest review. All opinions and ideas stated are my own and I am not compensated for any of my reviews.