ReadRunRamble

Read, Run, Ramble

Committed

Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage - Elizabeth Gilbert I was hesitant to read this book because while I enjoyed most of Eat, Pray, Love, I just wasn't sure that this follow-up would be up my alley. I did, however, enjoy it to a point. The book is very interesting because Gilbert offers some research on the institution of marriage. She offers viewpoints from several sources - historical, multicultural, present, personal; even familial. Towards the last quarter of the book, I was pretty much bored and just ready for the story to make its way to the conclusion. Those looking for a true sequel to Eat, Pray, Love will probably be disappointed - that isn't really the intention of this book. Gilbert does provide some personal stories involving her and Felipe, but for the most part this is her journey to find reconciliation with the notion and the institution of matrimony.