ReadRunRamble

Read, Run, Ramble

Of Mice and Men

Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck, Susan Shillinglaw I enjoyed this book and its story of friendship, brotherly bonds, hard work, hardship, sacrifice and difficult decisions. I'm not sure I've ever read a book and wanted so much for a different ending though. This one broke my heart.Lennie and George are best friends traveling around for work during the 1930's. Steinbeck makes these two characters and all others in the novel come alive - the voice, the feelings, the setting; they're all there in vivid color and detail.The novel is short, but handled well and was still interesting and intriguing. I loved both Lennie and George by the end of the first chapter. Each character, as introduced, is just as compelling whether on the good side or the bad. Steinbeck created developed characters that readers will meet, understand, and enjoy from the start.