ReadRunRamble

Read, Run, Ramble

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children - Ransom Riggs I was excited to get my hands on this book because I'd heard such great things only to find out - it wasn't all that great!The premise is a good one and the peculiar children are endearing and fun, but the story just falls flat. There are two major events/items (Wights and Victor) that aren't fully explained - both are central enough that the stories should have been fully divulged. These are just the two I noticed - there may have been more that I missed.Throughout the story I became bored, but the author tosses in just enough intrigue and/or mystery to keep readers going. Several times I thought about giving up and putting the book away, but kept going due to those few nibbles of mystery and intrigue only to find myself three pages from the end and still seriously contemplating quitting.The ending is definitely set up for a sequel (probably more than one book to follow judging by the content of this book) and I wouldn't be interested in following the story.Maybe this YA book is best suited for the pre-teens and teens because I just wasn't all that impressed.