ReadRunRamble

Read, Run, Ramble

The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror, Version 2.0

The Stupidest Angel (v2.0) - Christopher Moore I'd go 3.5 stars on this one - Moore is HILARIOUS!This was my first read by Christopher Moore and I definitely intend to read his other works.The Stupidest Angel is not a traditional Christmas tale, as can probably be assumed by the title. And just in case it isn't assumed, Moore starts with an author's warning, “If you’re buying this book for your grandma or a kid, you should be aware that it contains cuss words as well as tasteful descriptions of cannibalism and people in their forties having sex. Don’t blame me, I told you.” - thus begins his satirical, dry, quick wit.Though the plots are somewhat fantasy/paranormal, his characters are "real" - the language, actions, and thoughts. In reading his bio I learned that he has held many, many real-world, blue and white collar jobs in his lifetime - he definitely incorporates his knowledge gained from these positions in his characters and story. He portrays many stereotypes in the novel along with taking satirical liberties about traditional "Christmas miracle" stories.There are so many funny turns in this book - if you're looking for something light, funny, and off the beaten path this holiday season, you need to read The Stupidest Angel. However, if you need traditional or are easily offended, you may want to choose another author/story!