ReadRunRamble

Read, Run, Ramble

The Vow: The True Events that Inspired the Movie

The Vow: The True Events that Inspired the Movie - Kim Carpenter,  Krickitt Carpenter,  John Perry,  Dana Wilkerson I loved the story, but didn't feel like it was all that well written. The story alone is what kept me reading - Kim and Krickitt are inspiring people and the events surrounding their lives are tragic, yet also uplifting (in how the handled them). However, the book came off as very repetitive. Even as a short read, I felt like most pages after the accident were repeats of the same information/concept, written in almost the same way.I think the book would have benefited from some of Krickitt's perspective. Kim shared some journal entries, but I would have enjoyed some POV jumping - Kim vs. Krickitt. Really the inspiration of it all came from them both - they both should have been represented in the writing.This is definitely one instance where I'm fairly certain the movie will be better than the book.The story with the Carpenter's faith-centered, Christ-centered perseverance is what kept me reading. The inspiration of how they endured, respected their vows, supported each other, and never gave up is what kept me remotely interested. I look forward to seeing the movie!