ReadRunRamble

Read, Run, Ramble

The Best of Me

The Best of Me - Nicholas Sparks If Goodreads allowed 1/2 stars, I would have gone with 2.5 stars instead of 3 - it was just okay.I am a huge N. Sparks fan so I was exceptionally excited when I got this book only days after it released. However, I quickly got to a point in the book where I just wanted to be finished...not a typical response when reading a Sparks novel!!??Amanda and Dawson are lovable characters and one can relate to some of their issues - they were each other's first love in high school. Typical boy from the wrong side of the tracks falls for the girl who has it all type of a story. Some of it reminded me of The Notebook and all of it was a bit predictable.Honestly I only picked up the tissue twice at most - not for lack of opportunities, but because those opportunities just didn't hit the heart the way most Sparks moments do - they were expected, predicted, and superficial.I had a hard time writing this review because I wanted to love the book and in addition to not loving the book, I also didn't have much to say about it in a review.