ReadRunRamble

egalley provided by author

Synopsis

My Rating: 5 of 5 stars

My Review (originally posted at Read, Run, Ramble):

Thank you, Lia Fairchild, for providing me with a copy of this book!

Okay, I need to start with this – I LOVE Daniel and Gray. Compulsive (book 1) and Liar are my favorite Romance EVER. Yes, you read that correctly, EVER.

Fairchild took the genre and made it her own and I loved every word. Gray is a strong heroine and while she does fall in love, she never loses herself or her strength. She very clearly wants and needs to be with Daniel, but never will readers feel like if she can’t be, she won’t be able to move on with her life. I think that is important to me. Daniel is definitely strong and handsome, but never a cliché muscle-bound, must-have-her-now goon. He cares for Gray, that is clear, but again, he doesn’t lose himself.

Now, in Compulsive, Gray’s demons and secrets bring her and Daniel together, but now in Liar, Daniel’s secrets threaten to tear them apart. Lia built in some great backstory and history that everyone will be eager to read. These characters are nuanced and fun – there’s so much to love about all of them. None of that isn’t to say that readers won’t see a ‘bad guy’ or two – keep your eyes peeled; not everyone is in Gray’s and Daniel’s corner!

I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the sexy scenes. As a beta reader for this book*, I was watching closely for the sexy scenes. I’m pretty critical of them actually, but in this book, I absolutely ADORED them. Fairchild wrote with expert balance. There’s not too much sex, or silly language used, or over-the-top situations. I know writing these scenes, whether they include sex or not, can be difficult for an author and I applaud Fairchild in handling them the best I may have ever seen then handled!!

Fairchild’s writing, creative story weaving, and on-point character building combines into one spectacular Romance. Even if you aren’t a fan of the genre (it is FAR from my fave), you’ll love this one.

*Thank you for trusting me with your words and the world you’ve built, Lia. It was an HONOR.

I was provided with an ARC of this book by the publisher or author in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I am not compensated for any of my reviews.