ReadRunRamble

Format: Digital ARC from author

Synopsis

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My review (published at Read, Run, Ramble):

Nazi-era history, hidden treasure, puzzles, and an intriguing mystery – it is all entwined in this new novel by Jeff LaFerney and I loved it!

As if the fun mystery with all the interwoven puzzles and riddles wasn’t enough, LaFerney gives readers some of the most endearing and fun to follow characters – Blake and Julia (not to mention Grandpa Bloom who is just awesome). Really, the lovable characters extend to most of those in the story and the ones that aren’t lovable, aren’t supposed to be lovable so it all works out!

The historical accuracy was something I appreciated. History has always been something I’ve struggled with – I often get bored and my mind wanders. When an author comes along and is able to weave historically accurate events, people, and dates into a story, I find it engaging and interesting enough that I can hold onto those details long after the story is over! LaFerney even outlines fact vs. fiction in a special section at the end of the book.

While we’re talking about accuracy, I should mention that LaFerney renders plenty of accuracy outside the historical details in Lost and Found. While reading scenes with Grandpa Bloom, I was given glimpses of life with my own grandmother and later an aunt who both suffered from forms of dementia.

If you’re looking for a mystery that is both light and exciting. As well as a read that is quick, yet completely full of detail, look no further. Pick this one up and settle in for the ride!

I was provided with an ARC of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I am not compensated for any of my reviews.