ReadRunRamble

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My review (published at Read, Run, Ramble):

Beautifully written, magical, and transporting, The Night Circus is the tale of two ancient magicians with opposing views on what makes the art of magic and those who create it stronger. Spanning decades, even centuries, the two pit their strongest students against each other. Le Cirque des Reves (The Circus of Dreams) becomes the playing field for the magicians' two latest competitors, Celia and Marco.

As the circus travels the world, the two competitors create magnificent spectacles that showcase their skills and strengths. What they did not expect (nor did their teachers) was to fall in love, which makes the competition all the more complicated.

Morgenstern is a masterful writer. She brings this fantastic world into clear focus for readers. The tale is woven with care and time - this isn't a heart-pumping, action-packed thrill ride, but it is a refreshing, charming, and elegant read! So while I was expecting something much different, I was not disappointed and I loved every minute of this novel.