ReadRunRamble

Read, Run, Ramble

The Rockin Chair by Steven Manchester

The Rockin' Chair - Steven Manchester

Thank you The Story Plant via NetGalley for providing me a copy of this book!

The Rockin Chair is a story about family - the brokenness that can happen in them all, the strength it takes to pull one back together, the faith needed to face the struggles, and the love required to weather the storm.

Big John found his "squaw", Alice, and he devoted a life to loving her unconditionally and fully, but now her mind is failing and John feels a strong sadness as well as a strong need to remember all the things his wife cannot. With family members at odds and spread out all over the world, John knows it is time to "fix" the brokenness that has come to his family over the years.

A son that hates him, three grandkids that adore him, but have flown as far from the coop that they can, a great grandchild he's never met and a daughter-in-law that adores him, but is beaten down by years of bitterness and unhappiness make up John's family. Manchester wrote a painful, touching story and he had me bawling many times.

The Rockin Chair exhibits family at its core. Family can be our biggest regret, our biggest failure, our biggest obstacle, but it can also be our strongest anchor through the storms of life.

I was provided a copy of this book by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I am not compensated for any of my reviews.

Find this and much more at Read, Run, Ramble