ReadRunRamble

Format: egalley via Netgalley

Synopsis

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My review (published at Read, Run, Ramble):

Thank you Gallery Books via Netgalley for providing me with an early copy of this book!

The Great Zoo of China was exactly the fun and thrilling ride I expected! Think Jurassic Park, but on a larger scale.

The powers of China have created a zoo that they hope will catapult them above the United States – they’ve created something they believe will outdo Disneyland in the cultural landscape of the world. They have definitely done that, but the question is, can they control it?!

CJ and Hamish Cameron along with several other VIP visitors are being treated to a tour of the new zoo when all Hell breaks loose. And it seriously breaks loose. There is death, destruction, blood, guts, and lots of action.

There’s some predictability, but I still enjoyed the read. There’s also a little stretched reality, but to me, that makes for a super fun read – Fiction should suspend reality a little for readers in my opinion. Especially in this type of Fiction. The parts of the story that stray from our reality and what we expect is what makes this novel unique and intriguing.

And I must say that CJ is a kick-ass heroine. I loved reading her humor, strength, intelligence, and general badassery (sorry, she calls for a made up word). Having a woman in her role in this type of book isn’t exactly common so I really enjoyed it and I’d read more adventures with CJ at the helm if they were ever written!

Lastly, I am a huge fan of the creature being kept at this new zoo. I feel like it is fairly obvious, but for those that may not know what animal that is, I’ll not spoil it, but trust that it is so fun to read about a world where there is a zoo of this impressive and awesome animal!

I was provided with an ARC of this book by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I am not compensated for any of my reviews.