ReadRunRamble

Read, Run, Ramble

My True Love Gave to Me by Various Authors

My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories - Rainbow Rowell, Holly Black, Laini Taylor, Myra McEntire, Kiersten White, Stephanie Perkins, Gayle Forman, Matt de la Pena, Jenny Han, Ally Carter, Kelly Link, David Levithan

Title: My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories

Author: Stephanie Perkins, Holly Black, Ally Carter, Gayle Forman, Jenny Han, David Levithan, Kelly Link, Myra McEntire, Matt de la Pena, Rainbow Rowell, Laini Taylor, Kiersten White

Genre: YA Romance

Publisher: St. Martin’s Press

Publication Date: October 14, 2014

Format: egalley via Netgalley

Synopsis

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

My review (published at Read, Run, Ramble):

Thank you St. Martin’s Press via Netgalley for providing me with an early copy of this book!

Not a lot to say here – the stories were all enjoyable and fun, but somewhat similar in many ways. I read them one or two at a time over a span of several weeks for that reason. As with any set of short stories I enjoyed some more than others, but honestly I don’t think there were any that I outright didn’t like.

Within the stories readers will find small differences between the YA romantic tales. Magic, interracial connections, international boundaries crossed, and even one tale told from a male perspective (rare in the romance genre).

If you’re looking for some light, feel-good, easy-to-read stories to supplement your holiday reading this year, grab this one.

I was provided with an ARC of this book by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I am not compensated for any of my reviews.